Tuesday, September 29, 2015

About Me

Hi everyone, I'm Nolan. This is my 3rd year at LBCC as an accounting major, and my career goal is to become a CPA. JN 201 isn’t a requirement for my major, but this semester I decided to only take a handful of non-math-related classes. I did this to give myself, and my calculator, a much needed break from the last two years of monotonous number crunching I’ve been going through in accounting courses. Trust me, you can only hear the words “straight line depreciation” so many times before you start feeling like a robot. And since I’m planning on enrolling at OSU in the near future, I figured now would be the perfect time for a change of pace, if only to avoid a university level work load for another semester. Responsibilities are hard, aren’t they? I suppose I’m most interested in learning about the predicted direction journalism will take in the future, and how long it will be before the printed newspaper disappears.
Like pretty much everyone, I have a small list of hobbies that I’m passionate about. If I had to pick a favorite hobby, it would have to be watching movies. I watch a lot of movies. It honesty takes up way too much of my time, but nobody ever said addiction was easy. My favorite movie changes frequently, but right now I guess it’s a tie between Seven Samurai and The Third Man. I also listen to a lot music. No artist in particular, but Van Morrison is ruling my life pretty hard these days. I also have a goal to work my way through “Rolling Stone’s Top 500 Greatest Albums of All Time”. I’m over half way there, which is equal parts impressive and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment